Making a Difference
Take a look at how YOUR contributions are making a difference. With your help, the CFEBA has
provided support to various energy related programs focused on improving lives worldwide.
- Contributed $15,000 for solar heating of low-income, Native American tribal families living on
- reservations in the Great Plains.
- Provided $10,000 for solar power to refrigerate medicine and provide lighting at Chikowa Health
- Center, which serves a village of 50,000 in Malawi, Africa.
- Donated $12,500 for weatherization equipment to improve energy efficiency in low-income
- homes in Lancaster County, PA and to provide weatherization training.
- Contributed $30,000 to support the Solar Cooker Project for refugees from the genocide in Darfur, Sudan. Cookers reduce the need for women and children to scavenge for wood in the area surrounding the camps where they live, an activity which risks rape or death.
- Gave $10,000 to cover fuel costs for an immediate-responder medical/surgical team providing
- emergency care to Haitian earthquake victims.
- Post-hurricane, contributed $30,000 to support installation of solar equipment providing lighting
- for medical procedures and refrigeration of medicines in clinics and hospitals in Haiti.
- Contributed $18,000 to install solar panels on schools in Cambodia and Uganda.
- Donated $12,500 to facilitate connecting a school for deaf children in Cameroon to that country’s electric grid thereby providing electricity to the school for the first time.
- Gave $6,300 to install solar water heaters at a primary school in Tibet
- Purchased$4,900 of masonry ovens for rural Guatemalans to cook in their homes.
- Contributed $15,000 to fund replacement of windows in a 15-apartment emergency shelter and
- transitional housing facility in Massachusetts
- Donated $17,500 for the development of renewable energy in rural areas of the United States.
- Gave $7,500 to install solar air heating system for low income families in the greater Chicago
- area and Minnesota.
List of Grant Recipient Organizations (link to “CFEBA Grant Recipients” tab under Grants box)